(voted one of best places to live!)
Blend your technical expertise and energy within an exciting, fast moving market. Let your scientific savvy be part of the buzz in developing and managing personal care formulations and serving as a technical expert/project manager with top notch contract manufacturing customers. Autonomy and exposure to an array of personal care wet wipe opportunities will help broaden your scope and stimulate your energies as you support development of personal care formulations and formulation improvements from concept through commercialization. The position will be responsible for executing work assignments from the Sr. Project Manager to ensure customer acceptance, safety, efficacy and regulatory compliance of Rockline developed formulations. This role will be a mix of development, project management and technical support. This is a full-time position located in NW Arkansas. Here are some examples of functions in this role:
- Create new wet wipe formulations, new preservatives systems and optimize existing formulations in conjunction with substrates and packaging developments against a Project Authorization brief, with guidance from a Sr Project Manager. This will involve liaising with internal departments, external suppliers and consultants.
- Manage personal care formulation projects for primarily Contract Manufacturing Services.
- Prepare and maintain Product Information Portfolios (PIP) for each wet wipe product to comply with applicable regulations.
- Prepare and maintain Master Formulations Specifications. This includes providing technical data within the specifications for product formulations and products and liaising with customers’ technologists.
- Arrange preservative challenge testing, performance testing, safety testing, stability studies and other technical evaluations. This will involve interpretation and reporting of results.
- Assure that all products comply with all regulatory and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Assure that all formulations do not knowingly infringe on valid intellectual property.
- Investigate and implement new testing methods to substantiate product performance and/or efficiency claims of a new or existing products or formulations. This may involve liaising with external laboratories and consultants.
- Arrange and technically support pilot trials. This will involve liaising with operations, production planning, quality and warehouse to assure trial objectives are met, setting provisional product specifications, evaluating results, issuing trial reports and recommending appropriate actions.
- Ensure laboratory safety policies and guidelines are followed and carry out all laboratory work in a safe manner.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline required.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in industry required.
- Formulation experience with personal care products is preferred, willing to consider experience with food or household.
- General working knowledge of personal care product regulations and previous exposure in wet wipes development will be a strong plus.
- Must have the ability to independently manage multiple projects and to design and execute an experiment and interpret results.
Consider a journey with Rockline that will energize your growth and development and a better future for you! It’s your turn to be inspired!