Job Title: Technical Director
Colorlab Cosmetics has revolutionized the cosmetics industry with its custom blend cosmetics which allows cosmetics to be completely individualized to suit each woman’s unique skin coloring, skin needs, lifestyle, and personal style. Colorlab offers consumers, and makeup artists alike, a bold new makeup experience by transforming the cosmetics counter into a dynamic, engaging, interactive center of custom makeup creation. Colorlab Cosmetic’s success has been rooted in exceptional products and outstanding people.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate product development and formulation process
- Research product formulations and properties of raw materials.
- Review all formulation projects for compliancy in anticipated international and domestic markets.
- Manage claims testing and maintain product efficacy testing protocols.
- Write, review and approve production batch procedures and monitor pilots and scale up batches.
- Remain up-to-date on domestic and global regulatory requirements
- Prepare technical files/dossiers for regulatory compliancy.
- Oversee color matching and general production testing/QC.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and report findings in the form of technical documents, presentations, and standard operating procedures.
- Manage batching and production staff
- Work in tandem with the corporate office to provide basic HR administration.
- Conduct staff meetings for production planning and general company messaging.
- Assist with mechanical troubleshooting.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A dynamite problem solver and project manager. You’re always thinking one step ahead.
- A strong communicator and collaborator. You work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or related scientific field
- 2+ years experience in the cosmetic, skincare or personal care with an emphasis in color.
- Passion for and knowledge of natural and organic ingredients
- Strong development skills in ingredient functionality, material selection, and formulation.
- Strong working knowledge of both lab-scale and manufacturing scale formulating and chemical engineering.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and QC regulations as they relate to cosmetics.
- Managing the development of multiple products simultaneously and must be comfortable in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
Strength (lifting, dexterity, repetitive motion):
- Must be able to lift 30-lbs onto waist high shelves
- Must be able to lift and carry a min of 25lbs.
Movement (standing, stopping, sitting, crouching, crawling):
Hearing (loud noise tolerance, quiet work area, public speaking, receive work direction):
Vision (judge distance, read signs, extended computer work, identify details):
Job Type: Full-time